Friday, February 5, 2010

My cat's nails are really brittle, how can I make them stronger?

She is getting older and I'm guessing this comes with age but it's come to the point where when I cut her nails the whole outer shell of the nails comes off. What can I do to make her healthier and stronger?My cat's nails are really brittle, how can I make them stronger?
That's normal but try getting a new pair of nail clippers because it might be dull. Since it's dull it's crushing the nail instead of cutting it.My cat's nails are really brittle, how can I make them stronger?
The nail sheaths are SUPPOSED to come off. Before, when she was younger, she probably chewed them off, and you just never noticed.





If you're concerned that she may have an illness, or not be as healthy as she could be, take her to the vet for a ';wellness'; exam. As cats age, they REALLY need to have an exam AT LEAST once a year.





Hope this helps.......good luck.
talk to your vet.


they will know what to do.





( i am so very sorry i was no help, it's just thats the only thing i know what to do)
um u might want to go to the vet.... or research on the internet so that u know what can help ur cat in the most productive way

No comments:

Post a Comment