Friday, February 5, 2010

I am a 32 year old and my nails are very brittle.I have a daily does of calcium tablets .Icrave a long nails?

I apply castor oil on them at night.I crave a beautiful nails.I love to apply nail enamels too.please help me?I am a 32 year old and my nails are very brittle.I have a daily does of calcium tablets .Icrave a long nails?
Hi There


I also had brittle easily breaking splitting nails


until I discovered nutra nail with green tea polish at cvs


my nails are now model perfect


I also cut out all junk food switching to fruit.I am a 32 year old and my nails are very brittle.I have a daily does of calcium tablets .Icrave a long nails?
take biotin and use a lotion called hoofmaker hand lotion
I remember ( a long time ago) the prenatal vitamins I took when i was pregnant helped with the strength and length of my nails. I am going to say that it was the iron in them. I also have heard that gelatin in the capsule form helps with nails. Take a gelatin capsule once a day and see if that helps. If all else fails...there is always acrylic (fake nails).
I have heard that eating jello (any flavor) will build strong nails. I don't know if this is just ';an old wives' tale'; or not, but it couldn't hurt.





H
Mine nails are doing better since I started applying more handlotion to moisture them, and using a brush on product that contains olive oil and Ti tree oil. I think that dryness is the culprit usually, although if you are using castor oil that should help some. I have never heard of using castor oil like that.
For healthy nails take calcium supplements, like milk and eggs.


Externally rub your nails with the lemon rind for 5 min then wash off with water,it makes the brittle nails turn hard strong, and make them look fresh.





And you can also try the the following method take some almond or olive oil in a bowl heat the oil , when the oil is warm(Luke) then dip your fingers in it for 5 min then wash off with warm water. this is the best method .Apply the night cream or cold cream before retiring for bed
Before I got pregnant with my first child, my nails were quite long. After children that all changed and for years I wanted my nails back. I happened on this nail product that is guaranteed or your money back and it is Sally Hansen's ';Miracle Cure';. It is in a blue bottle and it is for severe problem nails. My nails used to break in the corners before they even had a chance of getting long, and they peeled a great deal also. The nail polish is clear and I was glad about that. I have used it for about a month now and my nails are getting back to where they used to be. Long and strong. I am currently wearing a french manicure on them. I personally guarantee you this product myself because it is the best thing I have ever tried. No, I do not get my nails done at a nail salon because I can't afford it. I get this at Walgreens. I also take vitamin B- complex but it can be taken without it.
I would get a product from the store that is like nail polish-it is made by Sally Hansen and I believe is called nail strengthener-there will be other products similar also. Follow the directions. I too have brittle nails and find when I use this product it does help them become stronger and thicker. Good Luck!
Gelatin/Jell-o/calcium will NOT make your nails grow longer and stronger. Neither will olive oil or any other oil or hand cream.


Your nails are made of keratin--not gelatin. Calcium is for bones.


Any of the topical products that claim to make your nails stronger are not real.


Your nails grow from the matrix. These products are put on the exposed nails. The one ingredient that is in these products is formaldehyde--it makes the nails hard. BUT--over time, the nails will become too brittle, thus backfiring your original intent.


If your nails are dry, you need to get moisture from within. Drink lots of water.


You can HELP the nails by applying a GOOD cuticle oil like Solar Oil from CND or Haken oils available at Sally's would be a good choice. You will add oils to the nails, but you will need to do this faithfully. It will not make your nails grow longer and stronger, but it will help with the dryness.


I am a LICENSED Nail Technician and keep up with my education. I sure hope this helps you. If all else fails, go to a GOOD salon and get artificial enhancements. (not fake) DO NOT go to the places where they do not speak English. They will tear your nails apart.


Good luck and let us know what you do.


Irish Mom
Well......u seem to b a guy.....but i wil answer the question.


Even i had the same prb. Its good to massage ur nails twice daily with olive oil. Its really good in making nails hard.


And nowadays nail hardeners r available in the market for people having soft nails.So always keep ur nails applied with that hardener.


And as u said u daily take calcium tablets.Well i dont think taking tablets is a good choice.......instead u can take calcium n phosphorous rich diet.
if you can find sea salt in stores, try mixing 2-3 teaspoons of salt with 1 glass of hot water, stir until it melts. Keep your nails and your fingertips in this water for 20-30 minutes (the more, the better).





Do this daily for one or 2 weeks (depending on how damaged your nails are), then 2 or 3 times a week to maintain the results.





I would recommend you to look for a special kind of salt - not the one you use for cooking, but special salt for nails. I'm not sure if you'll find it in USA, i live in Europe and here, it's not very expensive - around 2$. i bought it in the drugstore.





One more thing - after this, don't expect your nails to grow long and strong over night. It takes time - in my case it was almost a month - but it will definitely help.





Good luck, and remember - don't quit after a week, keep doing this for as long as it takes - i promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment