Friday, February 5, 2010

Why do my nails look so brittle and dull?

i used to bite my nails all the time and they would look ugly and beaten and chewed on now i don't but and they are starting to grow long but they look nasty looking and dry also my toes how can i take care of my feet and the bottom of them i need some tips and how to take care of those two things%26gt;Why do my nails look so brittle and dull?
Poor nails and hair are usually indicators of nutrients lacked in our body as a whole. I would ask my doctor or I would google search health and beauty on those areas. Avoid sites that recommend topical things to improve them until you are sure you are ingesting the proper nutrients (vitamins/minerals) in your diet.





Also if you are talking about the bottoms of your feet....such as dry, hard skin.........use a pumice stone on them.....also (it may sound ridiculous, but it works).......buy some chamomile flowers (you can get them at a GNC store) and make a tea with them......make the tea as you would coffee in a coffee pot(using the flowers instead of coffee) and then pour that into a basin or foot massager.........soak your feet and then use a pumice stone.............You will have the softest feet....and it will last a very long time.Why do my nails look so brittle and dull?
Eat more nutrient rich foods, and a lot more calcium! if you don't like milk (like me) then yogurt is delicious. Start eating more fresh foods, a piece of fruit on your lunch break, a salad with dinner instead of mashed potatoes. If you start doing that, they may improve. You said that they are dry, and the bottoms of your feet too. Aquaphor is a GREAT product. It's like vaseline almost, you can buy it in a jar or a tube, but it's super moisturizing and good for your skin. Put that on your hands and cuticles every night, and all over your feet. If your feet have callouses and are rough, try the ped-egg. (i know, ';as seen on TV'; stuff never works) but it really does! I bought it a few months ago, and I use it about every other night and then I put aquaphor on afterwords. My feet are so soft, and they used to be very rough and calloused! Try these things, I hope they help!
I suggest you look at your diet for vitamins and minerals. You can take multi vitamins if your diet is inadequate that are formulated for skin, hair and nails. If they are very bad you may need to see a doctor, it could be fungal infection.
You need more calcium, plus if you start using nail hardener, and go get your nails done by a proffessional, it will help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment