Sunday, February 7, 2010

My small dog's dark nails are brittle & the outside of the nail is coming off?

I've noticed the outside of the nail separating %26amp; I didn't want it to get caught on stuff so I've tried to file: no success. They just keep peeling further and further so I end up peeling it off: it comes off like thin paper.


Now, I don't know the anatomy of the nail but today I cut her nails %26amp; in the process ended up taking off quite a bit of the black outside. The center of the nail when I cut it is white is powdery.......on one nail where the black outside came off...that's all that's left if this soft white part. She's not complaining or in any pain . But what is going on, what can I do, Did I do something wrong?My small dog's dark nails are brittle %26amp; the outside of the nail is coming off?
That is completely normal. Its just the dogs nail peeling. I dont think you have anything to worry about, but if you really think something is wrong, call your vet- it might be a natural instinct that something IS wrong. You might also want to post this question in the pets category. I dont think very many people know what to do in the beauty section. :)My small dog's dark nails are brittle %26amp; the outside of the nail is coming off?
try painting it's nails with strenghening nail polish. just dont let the dog sniff the polish. they go a little crazy, i would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment