Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is causing my brittle nails and hair loss?

Today when I was brushing my hair I noticed several strands of hair came out. Then, I trimmed my nails and many of them split and cracked while I was cutting them. What could this be caused by? I am recovering from the flu. For about 3 days I ate very, very little, but I have eaten a pretty balanced diet today and yesterday. Is this because of the flu and my lack of nutrition over the past few days, or should I be worried?What is causing my brittle nails and hair loss?
It is normal to lose up to 200 strands (some people more) of hair per day. Do you have other symptoms? Like bowel irregularities, fatigue, hot/cold intolerance? If so, you may need to have your thyroid level checked. If not, then your nails may just be suffering the drying effects of winter. Ask you doctor if you are concerned.





Best of luckWhat is causing my brittle nails and hair loss?
Have you been throwing up a lot? Usually people with eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia have hair loss and brittle nails. If you've been sick lately, I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure to take plenty of vitamins and eat a healthy diet in the future.
you probably just haven't eaten enough for the past couple of days. Getting back to your natural diet should help. I hope you feel better and know that if it continues it maybe something else. I wouldn't worry too much tho.
you can buy gelatin tablets that help your nails get stronger- they are in drugstores, or walmart- everywhere.
You're not getting enough calcium and protein. Try drinking more milk (skim is fine), and eating more meat!
eat more protein and calcium

No comments:

Post a Comment