Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have lines down all my nails, they are soft and brittle, I cant grow them at all.?

My friends say it is because of my diet. I am vegan and don't have a very good diet at all. I am in my 30's and this has always been my diet. I drink water and black tea (no milk) dont eat cheese or any dairy produce mainly fruit and a few vegatables. No beans or pulses nothing like that.I have lines down all my nails, they are soft and brittle, I cant grow them at all.?
Your killing yourself sweetheartI have lines down all my nails, they are soft and brittle, I cant grow them at all.?
Calcium hardly affects your nails at all, it does work on your bones and teeth. Diet - not the problem in my opinion. Brittle nails are usually caused by exposure to harsh soaps, irritants, polish remover and the wetting and drying of nails. Also fungal infections, psoriasis (thought to be genetic) and a lack of IODINE which can cause thyroid problems (explaining the nails) can be the cause. Check yourself for all these problems before jumping to the 'diet' conclusion. However, i think you have a poor diet regardless.
You should really work over your diet. Lines on nails and brittle nails are a big sign of nutrient deficiency and malnutrition. Get your blood checked at the doctor. He will then prescribe you some vitamins and minerals at first. But that is just to counter the acute deficiency. You have to add more nutrients to your diet. Being vegan doesn't necessarily mean to become malnurished. You just have to be more careful to get all the nutrients you need. But act now, because in the long run you will hurt your body by depriving it .
the reason why you are getting these soft nails is lack of protien... understandably if you are a vegan. I strongly suggest eatting nuts or pulses, these contain protien if you dont want animal products. Also try getting a strgnthing solution for your nails, you can get them as nail varnish is you want, but these will made them healthier and much better.
bruv you need calcium! thats why your bones and nails are going to sh*t


soya milk and calcium supplements are essential if you're a vegan
Its probably because of the lack of calcium in your diet. You can buy special nail varnish that will help with this. I think Sally Hansen does a good one for brittle nails.
calcium and iron are lacking in your diet





as your a vegan you need supplements to boost these, if your nails are like that I'd hate to think what your bone structure is like
You have to change your diet and eat peas, lentil, and other green vegetables.
Get false nails, they are cheap %26amp; they look good as long as you care for them properly! [=
take vitamins

No comments:

Post a Comment