Sunday, February 7, 2010

I really want to grow out my nails however, they are unbelievably brittle so i end up biting them...?

3 questions


1. what are some good, PRACTICAL ways to stop biting


2. what can i take/put on to make my nails grow stronger


3. does this mean i have low protein?I really want to grow out my nails however, they are unbelievably brittle so i end up biting them...?
1. I bit my nails since I could chew, and Im 18 now and I dont anymore but I only recently stopped. My way of stopping was motivation - I was starting an holistic therapy course and I guessed no one would want a massage off a girl with horrible bitten nails on her hands, and all the other girls in my class had lovely long nails. So now I do - maybe you need to think of something in your life which would stop you biting. My mum always used to say to me ';no man will put a ring on your finger if with nails like that'; lol.





2. Coconut milk hand cream by Inecto. Its the best thing in the world to make skin really really soft and nails so strong they wont break anymore.





3. Im not sure about having low protein. I eat a lot of foods with protein in I always have so I dont think its got anything to do with that.I really want to grow out my nails however, they are unbelievably brittle so i end up biting them...?
Mine are the same...unfortunatly the more products you put on them the more brittle they get. I tried using strengthening nail polishes for years and then one day just stopped using them and now my nails are much lass brittle.


Keep a nail file with you so that if one does start to break then you can file it down which takes away the temptation to bite them.


Also take B Vitamins or the 'Hair, Skin and Nails' Vitamins and wear gloves when using household cleaning products.
there these special nail polish that makes them sytonger and longer. But you can just get tips ( fake nails) my friend gets them call the time and her nails grew and her habit stopped.


but there this thing that people sell you have to brush it on the top so when you put it in your mouth it would be so horrible tating whihc helps you stop.
hi, I have the bad habit of biting my nails...so I go in and get my nails done...full tips with a subtle color and shorter...if I get them too long and french tip style, I end up playing with them and they eventually get messed up... hope that helps...


Or if you can't afford it, keep them polished with clear protein building nail polish...the more you keep them manicured, the better you'll take care of them.
You can get special nail polish that you apply and it makes your nails grow stronger and taste terrible so when you go to bite them you learn not to as every time you go to do it you get a terrible taste in your mouth. You can pick it up at chemists and its rather cheap :)
This means you have low Calcium. So by drinking lots of milk and eating lots of foods high in calcium such as cheese will make your nails stronger. Chemists or pharmacies do a polish to put on your nails and it tastes disgusting so it stops you biting them! xx
Try and drink more milk - calcium will strengthen them


Buy a nail strengthener nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment