Sunday, February 7, 2010

Brittle nails?

my nails are really brittle, they snap really easily, and they peel from about half way up


any ideas on how to keep them strong?Brittle nails?
First start wearing rubber gloves for any water usage, if you have a long soak in the tub keep your hands out the water. Water causes the nails to swell, as they dry out they develop microscopic splits which causes the flaking. Also, start using cuticle oil, massaging it in around the cuticle and all over the nail. The massage increases blood flow to the matrix which encourages healthy growth while the oil itself waterproofs your nails a little. Brittle nails?
I take coral calcium as an extra calcium supplement to prevent osteoporosis when I am older. Since I have taken them for a few years now, I have noticed that it helps my nails grow faster and stronger. I also take a multi-vitamin. Try these, they may solve your problem. Also, as you are trying to grow your nails, keep a coat of polish on them to give them a little protection. Good Luck!
It's not all about what goes ON your nails, but what goes IN you!! Eating foods with healthy benefits for hair and nails will help you over all and give your skin a nice glow, too! You may not be getting enough of the right vitamins, minerals or iron. Try a vitamin supplement with B vitamins, E, and iron. Eating fish, leafy green veggies, lean protein and the like will help.


Good luck!
My aunts nails are like this. Ever since she got a manicure her nails keep going flaky. So I think that if you have manicures you should cut down and cut them regularly so they're not really long. Also dont chew them to get dirt out underneath as this makes them thinner and easier to break.





hope this helped. :]
Apply nail strengthener to them. Also wear a layer of clear nail polish on top of your nails - this will give them extra thickness. But usually brittle nails are down to a poor diet - so eat some healthy stuff! You can also take hair %26amp; nail supplement tablets which should help your hair and nails to grow strong. x
Hi,


Brittle nails are due to lack of calcium in the body. Do your blood test and check if your body lacks calcium. Well, half the battle is when you follow a healthy diet. Good Internal nutrition reflects your skin and hair
Biotin is pretty good for nail health.


I've taken it and it's helped.


And there are different clear nail polish type things for brittle nails and to help the health of your nails.


Your diet is a big importance too. :)
I'v got the same prob. My nails peel, bend, and breakk soooooooooooooo easily. I tried Sally Hanson, green tea nail strenthener, and it helped ALOT!





Hope I helped!! :)
Try OPI nail professional products called Nail envy.. or supernails used to do nail eat and nail drink for specific nail problems.. Look on QVC as they have good nail brands... x
hi lucy,


i would say the best way to strengthen your nails would be to always wear clear nail varnish, hope this helps it did for me!
I agree with the calcium people. I'm taking calcium and my nails are growing like crazy!
Try Sally Hansen Brittle/ hard to grow-long nails with Green Tea in it! It helps!
wallmart has this nail strangth with green tea in it and it works very well

No comments:

Post a Comment