Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My nails are soft and brittle, how do I make them stronger?

I've tried all kinds of strengthening polishes and top coats, but my nails always break. I have also gone to the salon to get acrylics, but they hurt when they file them down because my nails are so thin!My nails are soft and brittle, how do I make them stronger?
Avoid artificial nails all together!!! Get basic manicures and bring your own nail strengthening products with you! My nails are thin and break easily, so I use these products (at home and at the salon):





OPI Natural Nail Base Coat (Step 1)


OPI Nail Envy or Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle(Step 2)


OPI Top Coat (Step 3)


*Change every 3-4 days and scrub nails with soapy water and a nail brush*





I also use Orly Cuticle Oil+ daily to prevent dryness around my cuticles and to moisturize the area. Also, you should avoid nail polish removers with acetone. This ingredient dries nails out!


If possible bring your own nail polish remover to the salon...Salons use pure acetone to remove nail polish! I use Cutex Quick %26amp; Gentle Non-Acetone nail polish remover. It does the job without damaging my nails! Eating right, taking vitamins and drinking plenty of water is also highly recommended...My nails are soft and brittle, how do I make them stronger?
read tips on nail care that will help you on this site
A lot of people say that taking gelatin will help your nails, but calcium is actually better. Try increasing your calcium intake, it will make your nails stronger and healthier... as well as your bones.
take some prenatal vitamins there working really well on my hair and nails...you can take them even if your not pregnant.
sally hansen hard as nails
Well I remember that my sister use to put garlic on hers. I have pretty tick and strong nails thanks to my mom.


Hope that works and you choose me as your best Answer. lol ;)
i use clear coat and take these vitamin pills
Prenatal vitamins. They are safe to take even if you are not pregnant. Not only will they strengthen your nails but it is said to give you shiner hair.
Best way to strenghten natural nails is eat alot of jello! Jello is made from Pig (kosser is beef) hoofs (Ie: nails) and makes your nails stronger. The more ya eat the stronger they get. Learned this in college and thought it was weird but those Ive told that tryed say it is so true
heres the way to strengthen them NATURALLY eat fish and shrimp they WILL make your nails stronger FOOL
well first off... acrylics probably make your nails weaker and thinner because it is bad for your nails. so avoid getting fake nails... the strengthening polishes should work

No comments:

Post a Comment