Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Anyone who is pregnant and have weak brittle nails?

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have heard that my nails would be strong and growing. However, they have been brittle and are peeling and chipping. Should I be concerned?Anyone who is pregnant and have weak brittle nails?
Just found out i am pregnant again (took test this evening) and my nails are very brittle too. It might mean that our diet is deficient in something You know the baby saps all the good stuff out of our bodies and leaves us with the scraps lololAnyone who is pregnant and have weak brittle nails?
You may need to drink more milk, ask your doctor or the health clinic
Of course everyone is different in pregnancy but I am 6.5 weeks pregnant and I read that having dry brittle nails is a sign that you might not be getting enough protein. Make sure that you are getting 70 grams of protein daily and lots of calcium. But I would not be overly concerned just bring it up to your doctor on the next visit.
You have to ask your doc to prescribe you prenatal vitamins so they can become stronger %26amp; grow.
Nope. Just increase your calcium intake, since your baby will be draining all the calcium that normally goes towards your nail growth.


Drink more milk, eat more cheese and eat yoghurts.





Take prenatal vitamins that have calcium in them.
use prenatal vitamins they are great My nails were brittle too but after taking my vitamins they grew and got strong!!!!
I am the same way. At first my nails where growing good then they started peeling and breaking. Dont think its that bad of a thing...i could b wrong. Good luck!!!!!
  • medium hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment