Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My small dog's dark nails are brittle & the outside of the nail is coming off?

I've noticed the outside of the nail separating %26amp; I didn't want it to get caught on stuff so I've tried to file: no success. They just keep peeling further and further so I end up peeling it off: it comes off like thin paper.


Now, I don't know the anatomy of the nail but today I cut her nails %26amp; in the process ended up taking off quite a bit of the black outside. The center of the nail when I cut it is white is powdery.......on one nail where the black outside came off...that's all that's left if this soft white part. She's not complaining or in any pain . But what is going on, what can I do, Did I do something wrong?My small dog's dark nails are brittle %26amp; the outside of the nail is coming off?
Well I think it is normal for the


nails to peel somewhat. But You


should take your dog to a groom


or something. I doubt it's anything


too serious but you do want to be sure.


The nail should not come off though.My small dog's dark nails are brittle %26amp; the outside of the nail is coming off?
It could be a number of things, but the first thing that comes to mind is bad nutrition. Are you feeding your dog a good quality diet?


The other thing could be an infection in the nail bed. I'd talk to a vet and see what they think.
Take him to the vet. QUICK!
hey ur dog might have an infection why wont u just take her to the vet

No comments:

Post a Comment