Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Have extremely brittle nails, they keep breaking off very easily. Is there any home remedy?

I have tried acrylic nails and extensions but that has not helped. I want to try some natural home remedy. I also eat calcium tablets but that also does not seem to be much help.Have extremely brittle nails, they keep breaking off very easily. Is there any home remedy?
I have heard that there is a clear nail strengthening solution that you apply like nail polish but other than that I don't knowHave extremely brittle nails, they keep breaking off very easily. Is there any home remedy?
i read somewhere that either you have good nails or bad nails. I was also born with bad nails and there's no remedy. BUT acrylics make em worst
Zinc would be better than calcium.
You need more protein in your diet. And stay away from all fake nails as they ruin your real nails in the long run and that's why you haven't been able to get the growth you desire.
my nails are pretty weak too. try putting on a clear coat of nail polish or strenthening nail polish. my grandma uses saly handsen's 'hard as nails' and swears by it.
Taking zinc does actually help. It sounds crazy but pre-natal vitamins have all the nutrients to help nails grow. Gelatin works but tastes disgusting! Sally Hansen has a cuticle cream (nail strengthening) that worked wonders for me. Apply it twice daily. Theres also a clear coat called ';nail envy'; that helps keep them from cracking. Lastly, stay away from acrylics, I know its tempting but don't do it. I had them on for 10 yrs straight. Its been 2 now without and I still have ridges!!My nails will never be the same, but with the above mentioned have made awesome improvements.
Years ago they said that if you drink unflavored gelatin it will help your nails grow harder. I never have tried that. If you do an internet search you may find out more about this.
Extremely brittle nails may be a sign of a fungal infection of the nails or other underlying disease. You might want to get it checked out before indulging in the accessories.
This will sound bizarre, but it works for me and if you are otherwise at the end of your rope you should give it a try. Massage your nails twice daily with a product called ';Hoofmaker'; which is sold in pet stores - it is used on horse hoofs. Classical guitar teachers recommend it for building up nails to be able to use them to play classical guitar, where a pick is not used.

No comments:

Post a Comment